Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Utah!!


First off, Merry Christmas to everyone!
We are up in Utah again to be with family for Christmas and New Year. And of course being this close to the Green I had to make a trip. I almost did not go because I could not find anyone to go with me, and because it is a lot colder here than in Tucson AZ. Luckily a face book post caught the attention of my old high school buddy Tyler, and we then talked another buddy Broc into heading up to the Green for a morning trip. It was actually a bit warmer up in Flaming Gorge than in Roosevelt, and being waist deep in the Green just felt great. Thanks Tyler and Broc for going with me. We only fished for a few hours, and it took us a little while to figure out what was going on. We ended up catching most of the fish on copper johns, and I landed a few on an egg pattern. The fishing was getting better right when we left, they lowered the flows to about 900 and we were able to get into a few. We didn't catch anything big, although the Rainbow that I landed is probably the biggest fish I have landed on the Green for a while. But it was fun, I think I missed as many as I landed. I was having trouble setting the hook. But it was a fun trip. I think I am going to have to make this a tradition, so next year you are all invited.
Broc landed a nice Brown for his first fish


My Rainbow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to go again...and especially with Broc and Tyler....good times....good buds....Love the GR! Beautiful Pics.